TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booze By The Box (“BBB”) builds relationships with award-winning growers and winemakers across the world so that we can bring you their exceptional wines. To ensure that we can continue to deliver you extraordinary prices we naturally need to set some terms and conditions regarding your order.
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at anytime without notice. This could mean that the terms and conditions applicable to future orders are different and as a result we recommend you read these each time you order.
If you have an order accepted by us, the terms and conditions in force as at the time of that acceptance will apply to your order notwithstanding any subsequent amendment which we may make.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
We take our responsible service of alcohol obligations seriously. To order from BBB you must be 18 years of age or over. If buying wine as a gift, the recipient must also be at least 18 years of age. We reserve the right to refuse delivery if you or the recipient are unable to produce a valid form of identification.
By placing an order with us you:
- Confirm that you are at least 18 years of age;
- Acknowledge that it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years; and
- Warrant that you are not obtaining alcohol on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years.
- Risk and title
Risk and title in the goods the subject of your order passes to you on delivery of the goods to the delivery address specified in your order.
- Fees and charges
We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the following fees and charges in relation to an order that we accept (as applicable):
- the purchase price of each product that is ordered;
- the delivery fee provided to you at the time you placed your order (“Delivery Fee”);
- any other fees and charges set out in these terms and conditions; and
- any outstanding amount that you owe us from previous purchases
Prices for products change from time to time and we do not provide any notice of these changes. Subject to these terms and conditions, once we have accepted your order, we will not change any prices that apply to the products in that order.
If a product that you have ordered is not available and we have not provided you with a substitute then we will provide you with a refund equal to the purchase price of each product which is ordered and not available within 3-5 business days to your card of purchase.
- Payment Methods
You must pay the fees and charges owed using one of the following payment methods:
- PAYME HSBC
If we are unable to successfully process your credit card payment for your order in a reasonable time, then we may notify you and may cancel your order.
You authorise BBB to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card to pay for the fees and charges.
You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for products through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
Where you have an Account Credit with us we will debit this from your order total before any other payment means is accepted.
Any payment dispute must be raised directly with our third party payment providers. Their terms and conditions can be found and the following external websites:
- Acceptance or Rejection of an Order
We reserve the right to accept or reject your order, in full or in part, for any reason, including if the requested product is not available, if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Website or in any marketing material, if there is an error with a voucher or promotional (Promo) code redeemed with your order, or any other error or breach of our terms and conditions associated with your order.
We may also restrict your order and limit the sales to reasonable quantities as determined in our sole discretion.
If we reject an order placed through us then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
- Changes and Cancellations
You may not change or cancel your order once placed. Should you wish to request a change to your order after placement, please contact us via our email contact form on the Website.
We may cancel any order or part of an order (including any orders that we have accepted or for which we have issued a tax invoice) without any liability to you for that cancellation at any time if:
- the requested products in that order are not available;
- there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Website or in any marketing material in relation to the relevant product in that order ;
- there is an error with a voucher or promotional code redeemed with your order;
- we suspect there has been, or will be, a breach of these terms and conditions or there has been any fraud or misconduct;
- that order has been placed in breach of an offer’s terms and conditions; or
- usage of a voucher or promotional code with that order has been placed in breach of the associated terms and conditions
If we cancel an order placed through us then we will endeavour to notify you of that cancellation within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
We have processes in place to assist in detecting transactions that may be fraudulent or in breach of our terms and conditions. We may contact you by telephone or email to confirm your payment or order details and to request that you provide valid identification. If we are unable to confirm these details, we may cancel your order without notification.
If any payment has been taken for the cancelled order, then the full payment amount, less any outstanding amount that you owe us from previous purchases, will be refunded to your original payment method.
- Unavailable Product
You acknowledge that a product that you order may be out of stock or temporarily unavailable. If this happens, then we will not be able to provide you with that product.
Where a product is unavailable we may choose at our discretion to substitute it for a product of similar quality or cancel the order.
In the event of breakage, BBB will, at our discretion, issue an Account Credit or send replacement items if you notify us within 7 days of delivery or 30 days of purchase (whichever is sooner).
To notify us you must contact BBB via the email contact for on the Website.
- Returns & Refunds
To organise a return or refund you must contact BBB via the email contact for on the Website.
You must be able to provide proof of purchase before any return is considered and products must be in their original condition and packaging.
Where we agree to a return, we will collect the product from you at a mutually agreeable time. Pending collection, you are liable to keep the product in a safe and proper manner and take reasonable care of it. Products should be returned in the original box and packed to avoid breakage in transit back to BBB.
Any refunds will be affected within 30 days after we were notified and agreed to a return and conditional upon any returned products being collected in original saleable condition. Delivery Fee charge will not be refunded unless we are at fault.
- Money Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied with a wine for any reason, simply contact us via the Website email contact form within 7 days of purchase. You may return the unused wines to us and we will credit you for all the wines against your Account. We will not credit the original delivery fee, if applicable.
A fair-play policy applies. We reserve the right to not honour the guarantee for anyone deemed to be unreasonably or excessively claiming against it.
- Delivery Charges
A delivery charge applies to each order less than 6 bottles of wine. The delivery charge is $100 HKD and covers Hong Kong Island, New Territories and Lantau Island.
Deliveries of 6 bottles of wine or more do not incur any delivery fee.
We reserve the right to adjust delivery charges at anytime without notice.
We will endeavour to deliver your order within the following timeframes. However, BBB does not guarantee any specific delivery date.
Estimated delivery times:
Hong Kong Island: Up to 3 business days
New Territories: Up to 3 business days
Lantau Island: Up to 4 business days
- Unattended Delivery
If you will not be home to accept delivery you may choose a safe place for us or our nominated courier or agent leave your order. If you do this, you warrant to us that the goods are only for use and consumption by people over the age of 18 and that you have measures in place to ensure no one under the age of 18 can access the product.
Your nominated place can be anywhere on your property, as long as we can gain access and we, or our nominated couriers or agents, deem it is safe to do so.
It is your responsibility to ensure we have up-to-date details of your delivery instructions each time you order.
Intellectual Property Rights
- acknowledge that the copyright in the Website, the software, design, text, graphics, iconography, images and logos comprised on the Website, the selection and layout of the Website and the content and materials on the Website (together, the “Materials”) are owned by or licensed to us;
- must not modify, copy, adapt, store in a retrieval system, reproduce, upload, post, transmit, sell, distribute in any way or communicate to the public a Material without our prior written consent; and
- must not frame or embed in another Website any of the material appearing on this Website without our prior written consent.
This Website contains registered trademarks and other trademarks which are protected by law. You must not use any of the marks or trademarks appearing on the Website or our name or the names of our related bodies corporate without our prior written consent. You must not use any of the other company, product and services marks on the Website that are owned by other third parties (including our suppliers) without obtaining the relevant third party owner’s consent.
- must ensure that your Login email address, password, customer number or other personal details used to access the Website or Account are kept in a safe and secure manner;
- must notify us by contacting us via the Website email contact form if you are or become aware that there is or has been an unauthorised use of your Login email address, password, customer number or other personal details to access the Website or your Account, or any other security breach relating to your Account;
- must promptly advise us of any changes to your information provided to us as part of the customer registration process;
- must provide us with your date of birth to place an order;
- are responsible and liable for any person that uses your Login email address, password, customer number or other personal details to order products;
- agree that we may charge you for all products that we agree to supply to you that have been ordered using your Login email address, password, customer number or other personal details; and
- should check the labels on the products before consumption or use.
You must not:
- use the Website for any activities that breach any laws, infringe a third party’s rights or are contrary to any relevant standards or codes;
- use the Website in a manner or way, or post to or transmit to or via the Website any material, which interferes with other users or our other customers or defames, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person or which prevents any other person from using or enjoying the Website;
- make fraudulent or speculative enquiries, purchases or requests through the Website;
- use another person’s details without their permission or impersonate another person when using the Website;
- post or transmit any obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any other material that may give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- tamper with or hinder the operation of the Website;
- knowingly transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or similar disabling or malicious code to the Website;
- use any robot, spider, website search and retrieval application or other mechanism to retrieve or index any portion of the Website;
- modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any portion of the Website;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Website;
- create Accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;
- use the Website to violate the security of any computer or other network or engage in illegal conduct;
- take any action that imposes or that would, in our reasonable opinion, result in an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- use the Website other than in accordance with these terms and conditions; or
- attempt any of the above acts or engage or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
Suspension of account
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate Accounts and/or remove or edit content if we, acting reasonably, deem that you have acted in breach of these terms and conditions or have used the Website or placed an order in a fraudulent or improper manner.
If we lock, suspend or delete your Account then we will refund all credits that you are entitled to receive under these terms and conditions by direct deposit to your nominated Account once we have conducted all our verification and other relevant checks.
BBB attempts to be as accurate as possible and uses its best endeavours to ensure, but does not itself warrant, that any information provided by its suppliers, including in relation to product descriptions or other content of this website, is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
BBB does not represent or warrant that the functions within the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes the website available is free of viruses or other harmful elements.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of BBB, its officers, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your Account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Website or Contact Centre using your Login or Account.
A reference to ‘our agreement’ or ‘this agreement’ means the relationship between us and you which is governed by these terms and condition